Re: bicycle cables

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: bicycle cables
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:41:53 +0000
Cc: bob and nancy <wises@execpc.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ok tip's,

I have just done this on my bike, replaces the plasic things with STX's
mmm 1/4 the braking distance, and it changes into the gear you wan't, so
I know how the littel #&(@##@ behave.  First off, never ever let the
ends undo.  Once this starts happening, your finished.  Thread them all
first, then cut them leaving 4 inches of spair cable, so that you stand
a chance of cutting them again.

I would also try experimenting on soking up some solder in the end, in
an attempt to get the ends to behave them selves.

Oh on my bike, with both forms of selectors the deraillier cables don't
push, they just pull.  It's just they are not designed to take as much
force as the brakes, and you can't afford them to strech, because you
don't wan't your indexing to go out.
--
James Carpenter
Signature Under Review