Re: flasher location - tr7

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: flasher location - tr7
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:10:05 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

At 09:50 24/04/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Anyone know where the turn signal flasher is located on a TR7?

The flashers and relays are visible once you remove the cover at the back of
the glove box (I can't remember if you need to dislodge the fuse box to get
at them).

The Haynes manual has diagrams of the "typical" layout of the flashers,
etc., but these are not absolutely reliable. You can identify which flasher
or relay does what by switching something on (eg. turn signal) and then
putting your finger on the casing of each component in turn, until you feel
one clicking.

There may be 2 for each turn signal - front and rear - but I don't think so.

It's worth taking a faulty unit apart; I managed to repair my hazard
flasher, saving $25 (what the local thieves charge for used ones!)

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia