Re: bolt, bolt, where's a bolt?

To: Amy Black <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: bolt, bolt, where's a bolt?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:04:07 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Amy Black wrote:

>       What kind of bolts hold the tranny to the engine?  My came without
> them.  Moss doesn't sell them.  TRF won't answer the phone.  Where can I
> get these?  S.O.S.  please send help now....

These are pretty standard bolts, lock washers and nuts. Nothing special
about them at all.

I'm not absolutely sure what the TR4 uses (it's raining HARD right now, so
I don't really feel like going out and looking at the scrap TR4 :-) ), but
a Herald or Spitfire uses almost entirely 1/2" head fine thread bolts.
Exceptions include studs at the top rear of the block, with /5" fine
thread nuts on them, and longer, 9/16" fine thread bolts/nuts to hold the
starter.

--Andy