Re: ?installing car lighter

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: ?installing car lighter
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:28:23 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> Question for the electircally inclined:
> I finally got a center dash support for my TR6.  It has a light switch
> on it which I won'd use for my car (it is a 1971).  I'm going to install
> a lighter socket instead.
> How should I wire the lighter?  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Of
> course, the easiest way is alway appreciated.
> Sirmoog

Often in years past, these were wired into a "switched" (ignition)
circuit. Nowadays, since they are used more often as power outlets for
cell phones, laptop computers, radar detectors, tire compressors, etc., it
might make more sense to wire it to an always live circuit, perhaps with
its own inline fuse?

--Andy