Re: Churchill Hub Tool

To: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Churchill Hub Tool
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:10:01 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert writes:
>I have a unique opportunity with my TR6. In order to put some newly
>acquired wheels on my car, I have to upgrade my studs from 7/16" to 1/2"...
>of course this means machining the hubs to accomodate new studs, and that
>means taking the rear hubs apart... Joy of Joys!
Robert,
Why go through all that trouble?  7/16 studs are plenty strong.  I"m sure
you could find a lug nut that would fit the application-surely it would be
much simpler than what you are contemplating-It might not even be that
expensive to have a machine shop make a set for you if nothing is
commercially available.  Unless of course you just *want* to take the hubs
apart. . .I dunno, just sounds like the hard way to do it-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)