Another Wierd Spit foible

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another Wierd Spit foible
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:52:40 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello again...

With respect to my non-starting spit.......I also unearthed yet another
strange bit...

Plug wires. According to manual, #1 should be forward nearest to block, #3
should be forward and outside. I think #2 would be aft and nearest to block
and #4 would be aft and outboard...(but I'd have to check the manual to make
sure..)

Ok, when I went to put the wires back after cleaning parts (and having
marked each one with masking tape, #1-4) I noticed that my plug wires were
installed as follows: #1 was where #3 should be, according to manual, #2 was
wher #1 should have been, #4 is where #2 should have been and #4 was where
#2 should have been.

The car ran fairly well when I purchased it a few months back and I've had
no related problems until my electrical crash this morning.  Does anyone
have an explaination for my miswired but previously functioning Spit?
Will