Choke cables

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Choke cables
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:11:26 -0400
I bought a new choke cable from Moss to replace the one
from TRF that broke after 1 month of use.  Moss' broke the first
time I used it.  Of course Moss is replacing the defective part.

The two cables are apparantly from the same manufacturer.
It's the original type, that you have to rotate 90 degrees to lock
in place.  If you forget to turn it back 90 degress you can't push
it back in.

Anyone know of a better cable source?  Most 'merican cars don't
require a cable that locks in position since the choke isn't held
closed by a spring, like on our cars.  I thought about using a
cable for the heater, which has this cool hexagon shaft and a ball
that slips into grooves to hold the cable out, but it was too short.

By the way, the car is back on the road after a complete front end
rebuild, due in no small measure to the advice I found on this
list.  Thanks, guys (and gals.)

Cliff Hansen
chansen@exis.net