Re: Brake Fluids / Kent Cams

To: Neil Penberthy <neil@liant.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluids / Kent Cams
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:06:08 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Neil,
I may open up myself to a great deal of heat (read: flame) by throwing
in my thoughts, but what the hay, that never stopped me before.

I think that the Dot 4 is what is recommended for the natural rubber
components.  The Dot 3 is not.  Although the Dot 3 and 4 will mix, it is
not recommended for the Girling Natural rubber pieces.  The Dot 5 will
also work on the Natural rubber because it is inert and won't cause the
rubber to deteriorate.  But you cannot mix the Dot 5 with any other
type.  Even adding it to the system after draining out the other type is
not recommended unless all the fluif is completely purged from the
system.

As for Cams, here is a URL that may help you find something that will
work for you: http://www.performancemarket.com/camshaft.htm

Regards,
Joe

--