Re: TR6 Accelerator Shaft Bushings

To: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Accelerator Shaft Bushings
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:09:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Marty,

   I just installed new bushings in my TR 250 a month ago.  I used
list info (heated them up, figgured on a difficult install, and used silicone
spray lube) to make it happen.  I do have one question though, when I
began installing mine, I didn't remember whether to put the thick, washer
like area or the thin, tapered end in the engine bay area.  Since I was set
to do the job, and not in the mood to stop, I went ahead and did it.  I put
them in from the engine bay side, with the thicker part in the engine bay,
and the thinner part inside the car.  Did I do it right?

                                       JOE IV
                                       TR 250
                              WALLINGFORD, CT. USA