Mig's.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mig's.
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:57:36 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
All this talk about buying Mig's, well I bought one at the weekend, it was made
in Russia, apparently in the 50's sometime so it's bloody old, it even had a
spell being owned by a Korean chap.  Anyway, basically I need a few spares,
namely a new o/s rear tail plane as the original still has a few .50 calibre
bullet holes in it where some damn yankee shot at it with his F-86 Sabre!!! :-)
Sorry, all this flood water has affected my brain somewhat!!! :-)

On to matters triumph, I actually did a job on the Spitfire this weekend,
namely replaced the front crankshaft oil seal, was that nut a bitch to move or
what, eventually put a socket and a long bar on it, rested the bar on the
chassis and hit the starter, did the trick, although I'm glad the bar didn't
hit me as it went flying off!!! :-)
Also changed a few hoses, just changing the one that goes from the thermostat
housing to the inlet manifold and the bloody pipe that the hose pushes onto
snapped, luckily had a spare manifold sitting about!!! :-)  Does anyone know if
the pipes are an interference fit into the manifold???

OK, that's it.

Cheerio

Rich
Northampton