Affordable Nylock nuts

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Affordable Nylock nuts
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:30:34 -0500

    Brian> Before rebuliding my front suspension, I bought a
    Brian> box of 100 3/8-24 nyloc nuts at OSH, a home center
    Brian> in Southern CA.  I paid about $8 for the box, which
    Brian> is now almost empty.

When I lived in Cincinnati, I visited Hillman Fasteners one
day.  These are the guys that make the mondo huge
assortment-o-fasteners displays that you see in many hardware
stores.  They will sell over the counter if you have a precise
list of what you need.  I got every weirdo bolt I needed for my
suspension rebuild, plus all the castle nuts and big nylocks
and three boxes of normal-sized (3/8, 1/2, 5/16) nylocks
in Fine thread and several boxes of flat washers and lock
washers there for about $60.  Big win.  And they make graded
nylocks in stainless.  This was maybe 8 years ago, though,
so their policies or prices may vary now.
                                                        -MM