Re: Rebuilding Brake Master Cylinder (76 TR6)

To: Rob Reynolds <r.reynolds@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Brake Master Cylinder (76 TR6)
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:13:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rob;
You can use 'brake clean' to clean out the cylinder.I don't think I've ever used
rubber grease on the sealing gasket. But, I like to introduce new  brake fluid
into my car every two years or so. I see a lot of cars on the road that have
never had their power steering or brake  fluids changed. It's deplorable. And
then their owners complain about their high repair bills.  I just finished
rebuilding mine.... haven't bled the wheel cylinders yet, though.  NAPA sells a
neat master cylinder bleed kit for about $5.00 that allows you to bench bleed
the master before putting it back on the car. Very handy at saving time and
fluid.
After I finish making dinner and doing the dishes, maybe I can get my wife out
of her busy schedule long enough to pump the pedal for me a few times. :)

Jeff Johnson
1976 TR6
w/original master cylinder

--