Re: Got the Diff. (ratios)

To: James Densley <jamesd@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Got the Diff. (ratios)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:36:49 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Netu>
>What rpm's does your GT6 run
>at for 60mph?  Have you pushed it beyond 100mph?  Just curious.  Not much
>traffic out here in eastern Washington.   ;)
Jim,
With overdrive engaged a tad over 3000, without slightly over 3800, and yes
I had it over the 100 mark briefly, just to see and at that speed the tach.
registered just over 5000 RPM (OVD).  But I run 165/13's (a little taller
than stock) with a calibrated speedometer
>Which poses another question--which shocks, Spax or
>Koni's?
I'm kinda partial to Konis, set soft.  I have them on all my Triumphs, but
I've heard good things about Spax also.  I just couldn't' get by that
nasty, bright yellow color ;-)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)