Sports Coil Info

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sports Coil Info
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:16:39 -0400
I plan on installing the Lucas Sports Coil this weekend and, if it arrives
today, a Crane Elec. Ignition.

Couple of questions:

1.  The info with the coil says to not use a ballast resistor with the
coil. I can't find anything describing either what the resistor looks like
or where it is located. I've checked Bentley Handbook, TRF, Moss and BV
catalogs to see if there is anything showing this part. Nothing I could
find. What do I look for and where do I look?

2.  With the coil generating a higher voltage, what type of spark plugs
should I use? What should they be gapped?

3. While the instructions on the coil seem pretty straight forward, is
there anything a person with just enough knowledge to be dangerous should
watch out for?

4. Same question as #4 but regarding the installation of the Crane Elec.
Ignition.

Thanks for your help.  This is my first real venture into automechanics.

Ed

"Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people
 appear bright until you hear them speak?"

Ed Hutchinson
Financial Aid Office
SUNY Inst. of Technology
P.O. Box 3050