Re: Help: broken trunnion bolt on TR6

To: john p haeg <haeg1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Help: broken trunnion bolt on TR6
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 07:14:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John;
The trunnion has threads inside and screws on to the vertical link. It's made
of brass and is rather soft. I just completed putting new trunnions on my car
and the driver's side bolt  was a little stubborn. Use a good amount of
penetrating oil(Kroil, PB Blaster or the like)  and drive it out with
suitable drift sized to the bolt. The bolt goes thru nylon bushes with
backing washers in the wishbones. A little heat won't bother the wishbone or
trunnion, but won't help the nylon bushes.  If yours is the drivers' side and
you need a new trunnion, let me know, I've got a perfectly good one left over
I'll let you have.  (I always renew in pairs.)
Cheers,

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6