Re: 1500 idle speed..

To: "Troy Johnson" <clancy@softdisk.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 idle speed..
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 02:14:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Troy,

RPM at idle should be in the 650 to 700 range.  It sounds like the fast idle
cam on the carb is not releasing and dropping down your idle
to the normal idle range.  Try giving it a good soaking of carb cleaner to
see if it helps.  You would be amazed at the amount of dirt and gas dye that
will wash out.  And hopefully this will cure your fast idling.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston, Texas