Re: Worth buying a spares car?

To: David Hill <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Worth buying a spares car?
From: Chris Rodgers <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:48:59 +1200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David Hill wrote:

> I've been offered a facelift 2500TC and a 2500S for spares. They are cheap
> enough but there may be too many differences between by '72 PI and

The cars are very different - panels and doors are common, but there
will be differences in bootlid.  No commonality in suspension ratings
and ride height.  Different engines.  Interiors polar opposite.

the best thing I think you could do is to critically examine what your
car needs and if the hassle of wrecking either FL saloon is justified.

I personally have wrecked for parts:  2x series 1 2500Tc's, 2x MkII
Pi's, 1x 2000 MkII, and 1x 2500s.  All the purcahses have been justified
in some shape or form, for the pursuit of panels, engines, power
steering, interior, wheels, etc.  Wrecking your first saloon is
enlightening and gives you a fine working knowledge of the car and its
systems - but by #6 you are very tired.

ONE THING THOUGH - do get your hands on the S wheels - they offer better
tyre choice (14 in rims) and are pretty stylish.

Have fun - get in touch for more specifics if you like...

Chris

rep - 2000 register of Nz

1971 2000
1976 2500Tc
1973 2000 estate - slowly changing into a Pi....
196? Herald 13/60
1930 Ford Special