Click-bang-start!

To: blang@mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Click-bang-start!
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:41:28 -0500
     When home at lunchtime (again).

     Turned the key (click), took out a BFH to the solenoid (bang), turned
     the key (START!). Not believing my ears and eyes, I (tenuously) shut
     it off. Turned the key, BRMMMMMM, like a kitten (or is that purrrrr?).
     One more time off, the BRMMMMM again. Unlike it USED TO do prior to
     the Ignitor being installed, I couldn't even detect the starter
     turning. .....then it went back to clicking.

     What I saw at the starter: Red + battery cable with eyelet bolted to
     solenoid. Smaller gauge white(?) wire with lug connected to spade
     connector. THEN... another similar gauge white wire coming from the
     red battery cable hangin' in the breeze!

     What the h*ll is this wire? This MUST be my click-click problem.

     Please say it is....

     Jeff