Re: Radiator 76 TR6

To: Monte DeCarlo <mdecarlo@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator 76 TR6
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 08:40:29 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Monte DeCarlo wrote:

> Any one know of Radiators that fit 76 TR6 other than 'Triumph' brand or Moss?
>
>   Monte DeCarlo

I have been ion touch with "Modine" quite a bit lately with the same
problem on a Chinese radiator from moss, and I am informed TRF gets
theirs from Moss. Here is what I have found,, Modine will make you a
radiator core to fit your tanks from the industrial design called "L
CORE", these are commercial cores for tractors, trucks, etc.. they need
your exact size and then build from that. They will not sell to you or
take your measurements, you have to go to a radiator shop for this. The
"L CORE" is what was recommended by Bob Schaller for T/R 3'S, On the east
coast "L-Core" are made in Medley, Fla. 1-305-883-7819 on the west coast
they are made in Merced, Calf. 1-800-765-7237. A word of caution most
radiator shops do not know what a L-core is and just use one of the many
regional Modine factories, for the best cooling you need this special "L"
from the special factory. My local shop just refused to beleive that all
Modines did not make all the same items. Last time "L-CORE"