Re: Bosch Platiunum Plugs

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>, Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platiunum Plugs
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:28:05 -0500
I sit up and take notice when OEM manufacturers embrace something new.
Such is the case with platinum tipped sparkplugs.

ISTR that the original 1980's Japanese vans had platinum plugs installed
because the engines were very hard to get at.

Now platinums are standard in engines that are designed to run 100K miles
between tune-ups for US emissions requirements.  The electrodes are said
not to recede over time.

 I have had the same Bosch set installed in my 5.0 Mustang for eight years
with no problems (50K miles).

Maybe they need unleaded gas to keep from fouling?  Anyway, they work for me.

When Slick 50 becomes part of a manufacturer's maintenance regimen, please
let me know.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO (On the road and LOVING it!)

Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the speed limits?"