Re: Bosch Platiunum Plugs

To: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platiunum Plugs
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:41:10 -0500
Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:

> IMHO platinum plugs are a waste of money and a sales gimmick.
> But that was not the question, just bend them as you used to bend
them,
> the "special tool#" doesn't work any better as I found out.
> Gernot

This is only personal experience on one car.  The Bosch platinum plugs
are
very suseptable to fouling.  The electrode has a small surface area
(platinum is expensive) and it takes very little carbon to cover them.
If
you try to clean them with emery, you eat right through the platinum.

Correct me if I am wrong.  The only advantage to platinum plugs is that
they
last longer.  Who cares spark plugs are cheap.  As for gapping, spark
plugs
come pregapped.  If you need to gap them, buy new plugs.

Peter Thomas