TR3 Body Problem

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Body Problem
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:29:18 -0600
To TR2/3 owners and other intrested parties:

I need some suggestion on fixing the rusted out spot at the bottom front
of the drivers side rear fender.  This is the section of "dog-leg" that
the rear fender (wing for those 'over there') that always rusts' out.
You TR2/3 owners know what I'm typing about.  The rest of the part is in
great shape so I didn't want to buy the whole piece.  I need to
reconstruct the bottom 1 or 2 fender attacment points.  So...any
suggestion?  Or has someone already made a template that I can take to
the metal shop?  I really doubt that there is a relatively rust free
used part out there....seem that all 2/3's rust there.

Brian H. Smith
Lake Charles, LA
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV