Re: Driving me up the wall

To: David Hill <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Driving me up the wall
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:13:02 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,
Sounds like you might have a fuel supply problem. I had a stupid problem
with my TR once. It would idle all day but drive only 200 yards and die.
The reason was I replaced the metal gas line with rubber and it was
getting pinched by the hose clips on the frame. I know your car is PI
but your problem sounds like it might have similar properties. Also
could the gas line be getting hot causing vapor to form? Another idea,
could be the coil be breaking down from heat?
One way to narrow things down. Does it miss at an idle after the drive?
Is the miss regular or splashy(irregular) If so then pull the injector
leads one at a time on each cylinder and listen for no change. There is
your bad cylinder, now look for fuel and spark at that cylinder. This is
how I found a few problems on my IROC XJ ie tuned port injected V-8.
What controls the injectors on that engine? A computer?

Well hope this may open a few more avenues to explore.

Good Luck,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3A
73 GT6