TR6 Driveshaft

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Driveshaft
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 20:31:03 -0500
Hello all triumphisti. A quick question for the all powerful all knowing
list. I've got my driveshaft out blasted, painted and new "U-joints"
installed and I'm wondering how this thing is supposed to go back together.
My question is are the yolks on either end of the main driveshaft supposed
to be in line with one another or should they be 90 deg. opposite each
other. I have two driveshafts in my possession one  I believe to be original
and the other obviously has had "U-joints" at one time or another. One shaft
(the original one) is in line while the other is 90 deg. opposite. I always
thought that the yolks should be 90 out but the parts manuals show them in
line. Also I noticed that on the main portion and the hollow sliding
portions of both shafts there are arrows stamped into the steel that when
lined up put the yolks on the shaft in line with one another. I'm going to
have the shaft balanced this week so this relationship will probably make
quite a difference. Thanks to all who have made it through another of my
long winded postings. Regards Craig Bentley