Re: Is charging surcharge for parts a standard practice?

To: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: Is charging surcharge for parts a standard practice?
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:28:40 -0500
Cc: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Correct.

The shop will usually charge you list price, while they're paying
"dealer" or in rare cases of high volume, "jobber" price (usually on
stocking lines like filters and such....)

Haven't you ever wondered why so many parts stores show the "list" price
on their receipts?  It's so the mechanic knows what it is!  It makes for
a healthy mark-up for the shop owner!

(I was in wholesale auto-parts before I joined the fast paced exciting
world of telecommunications!)

John