Re: TR6 still mising

To: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 still mising
From: "Thomas A. Strange" <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:21:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bollen wrote:

> Come on guys-this is a challenge. Car starts OK, idles smooth, plugs are
> light brown/gray.Accelerates OK but misses at constant speed,
> particularly uphill. Tonight I put my old plug wires back on,new
> plugs,checked points gap,timing,dwell- SOB still does it. Sports coil,
> new cap and rotor arm were on there before the rebuild and car was fine
> then.
> Stu

Stu,
  I would typically want to blame the electric system, but ..... if
youve been through the electrics & are sure its not there, then:

  This is a long shot (verrrry loooooooong),

Try driving the car to the point it starts missing, then play with both
the throttle & the choke, to see if any kind of adjustment might make
the miss go away, or get less severe.
  I missed the first part of this but, if you have been through a
rebuild, its possible you may have developed a minor carb problem just
from letting them sit & dry out, you may not be feeding fuel properly at
all speeds.  This may be true especially if you get the miss at higher
speeds, but not (or less so) in town.
  If this is the case, a can of carb cleaner might do the job for you.

Hope its this simple.  Good luck.

Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013