Triumph 2500S Paint/Trim Codes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph 2500S Paint/Trim Codes
From: Dave.Robinson@dao.defence.gov.au
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:49:25 +1000

I have just acquired a 2500S automatic sedan with a manufacture date of
11/77.    The paint and trim codes on the plate are AX for paint and BN/FE
for trim.    All the manuals, etc I have checked all show paint and trim
codes as numbers, not alphas.

The car appears to have its original paint which is a metallic blue.    The
interior is black (but the cloth (corduroy) looks to be a very dark blue).

Can anyone tell me what these alpha paint and trim codes are or where I can
find a listing of them for myself.

David Robinson
TR6
2500S
Canberra, Australia

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but having trouble with the system.