Re: TR7 Drive line.

To: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: TR7 Drive line.
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:43:11 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

At 11:49 25/03/98 -0800, you wrote:
>  How does one rebuild the CV type drive shaft?
>  If it's not rebuildable, I'd be intersted in hearing what
>  other TR7 owners are doing as the cost of a new one is about $300.

I got mine rebuilt at a CV place. They put a rubber boot where there had
been a steel covering on the original, and it eventually tore, exposing the
CV joint to road grime. The rebuild had cost me $200. I finally bought a new
shaft for $300. Bite the bullet, mate! Anything else is false economy.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia