RE: A question of (TR6) timing

To: "'jaltman@altlaw.com'" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: RE: A question of (TR6) timing
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:24:44 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Is this a good thing to do? I would like to plug off the vacuum retard
on my ignition as well but am not sure of all the consequences. Wouldn't
the distributor have to be recalibrated to provide the required level of
retard (mechanically) at different rpms which the vacuum unit provides
based on manifold pressure?

Anyone care to explain this to me please?

My car is a 76 TR6 and has a different distributor than the 69s. Also my
EGR valve and air pump are removed and all associated "holes" plugged.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada