LBC's Vs. Miatas

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LBC's Vs. Miatas
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:34:22 -0500
I have been following this discussion with interest.  Although I presently
own 2 modern very reliable Japanese cars, I have always felt that I would
never buy a Miata, even though it's good looking and certainly more
reliable than an antique LBC.  Why?  I guess it's just the fact they tried
to emulate a British sports car.  I feel that it's perfectly OK for others
to buy one but not "purists" like us who are fortunate enough and gutsy
enough to actually restore the real thing.  What really got me was when, a
few years ago, they had the gall to introduce one in "British" Racing
Green!   It's a fine car, but not for me.  Am I the only one who feels this
way?

Sumner Weisman, Framingham, Mass.

62 TR3-B (now)  58 Anglia and 70 MGB-GT in the past