TR hauling, Portland to TX

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR hauling, Portland to TX
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:01:34 -0600
With the help of the list, Scott Kohl in particular (thanks again
Scott), I have located a Triumph 2000 that I would like to purchase.
The only problem is that it is located in the Portland Oregon area, and
I'm in Austin, TX. At best it's a 2400 mile drive, which the seller
assures me the car can handle with no qualms (one of the reasons I'm
interested in this car). Shipping it would cost at least a grand, and
that takes the purchase out of the "reasonable value" category. I've
thought about taking a hiatus from work and flying up and driving it
home, but I can't get off any time soon. The seller has said that he
might be willing to drive it part of the way. Anyone in the far
northwest planning a trip to TX, or some portion in between Portland
and Austin? Any suggestions? I really don't want to try and find a
"college" student to thrash the car home, but a trustworthy TR owner,
yeah, that's the ticket! Anyone know of any other good 2000's or 2500's
available that are closer?

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race