Re: TR3B Boot (trunk) hinges

To: JoEllisTR3 <JoEllisTR3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3B Boot (trunk) hinges
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:13:35 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 02:51 AM 3/24/98 EST, JoEllisTR3 wrote:

>Does anyone know of a source of boot hinges for a '62 TR3B (Commission # TCF
>series)? The Roadster Factory insists that the hinge only has ONE stud on the
>shorter section that fastens to the car body (and two on the boot lid
>section).

Joanna,

A TR3 Hinge is a TR3 hinge is a TR3 hinge. The fact you havea TR3B makes no
difference. You got some bum advice from somebody at TRF. The hinges for my
TR3B are exactly as you describe with untapped studs in each.

May I suggest calling Moss Motors and asking for their catalog? It is a
pretty complete parts catalog, with great blowups of everything. It is FAR
better then the TRF Glove Box Companion. Call Moss at 800-235-6954.

Then, after you know what you need at Moss, visit this website:

www.theBPC.com

This is The British Parts Connection. I have no financial interest, but I
will admit after placing several orders thru Dick, and meeting him at
various car shows, we are now friends!

Email Dick what you need, he provides a quote. Usually 15 to 20% off Moss
list. Sometimes even more!. Dick places your order direct to Moss. Your
merchandise comes directly from Moss, but you pay Dick his discounted price.

Hard to beat.

Good luck with your TR3B!
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA