TR4 fuel lines

To: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 fuel lines
From: Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:18:55 +0100
Hi List,

I need to replace the fuel lines of my TR4. Non of the suppliers I asked
has the metal fuel line from the gas tank to the engine bay anymore
(Moss part # 208495 and 303754). I was told, that I can use flexible
rubber fuel lines all the way from the gas tank to the carbs. I should
note, that my TR4 has not the original, but an electric fuel pump.

Is there any problem with that?
Has the rubber fuel line enough stability against the vacuum of the
electric fuel pump?
Does anyone have experience with all rubber fuel lines?
How about the copper fuel line kit that some suppliers carry (Moss part
# HGF107)?
Is it to prefer against the all rubber lines?

Thank you for any comment.

Michael
1962 TR4, CT 17613 LO
michael.steinbeck@start.de