Re: Non LBC

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, "Petert J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:03:06 -0500
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
At 10:06 AM 03/16/98 -0800, Joe Curry wrote:

>Petert J. Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Sorry to waste bandwidth with non LBC stuff but I thought I would share
>> this.
>>
>> The old family car (embrass to admit make and model) stopped running,
>> just couldn't start it.  I got it to run once very rough and then it
>> pegged the tach.  Ok, stuck throttle or choke, let's look.  Pulled the
>> air cleaner box.  What do I find, chewed air filter, a nest and two
>> acorns lodged in the throttle plate.
>>
>> Damned chipmunks.
>
>Alllllllllvin!!!!!!!!
>
>Reminds me of a similar occurance on a Pontiac Firebird.  In doing
>routine maintenance, I found the Air cleaner completely filled with Dog
>Food.  The mice apparantly had been hoarding in the air cleaner.
>
>I now stack the dog food sack up higher.
>
>Joe Curry

I worked for several years at a Jiffylube, we sometimes found strange
things in air cleaners and engine compartments "squirreled" away.
The oddest was a dead cat, well aged.  It must have crawled onto the
top of the engine to stay warm at night, and died.  The guy said they
hadn't seen the family cat for a few weeks.  Some people NEVER
look under the hood.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@exis.net
1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L (Anxious to be done with front end work)