GT6/Spit Tire Selection

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6/Spit Tire Selection
From: SCB963 <SCB963@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:38:47 EST
Hi All -

Long-time lister, first-time caller.  I hope I'm doing this properly!

I'm looking for tires for my daily driver '72 GT6.  The tires will see use on
the road, in autox and in high-speed touring.  I'm thinking about the Yokohama
AVS Intermediates in size 185/60VR13.  The Powerdog.com tire size calculator
indicates that the tires will have about 7% shorter rolling distance.  I'm a
little concerned about the additional width of the tires and whether they will
look a little small in the openings.

Any thoughts on whether a 185-section tire will give problems with clearances
on the GT6 or on whether the 7% shorter tire will perform poorly or look odd?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Barr
scb963@aol.com
'72 GT6