RE: $10 spring compressor

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: $10 spring compressor
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 08:27:50 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 11:15 PM 03/14/98 -0700, you wrote:

> [...]

With the spring compressed and the compressor holding the tension,
its safe to remove the 6 bolts that hold the spring pan on the lower
control arms.  Then as you un-compress the spring, the pan comes
down with the spring.  Once the spring is at full length, take the top
nut off the spring compressor and spring, pan, and tool drop right
out.

Its possible to do this job with a jack, but I didn't want to.  I don't
see that you have full control over the spring once the pan starts
coming back down.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@exis.net
1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L (Anxious to be done with front end work)