Re: Book, Triumph Buyers Guide<19980312030122217.AAA136@Fatman>

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Book, Triumph Buyers Guide<19980312030122217.AAA136@Fatman>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:59:22 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>Hi everyone,

>I just purchased the book "Triumph Buyers Guide" by Richard Newton.
>I don't know how many of you have seen or read this book but there
>are a few comments about the MK1 spitfires that I thought would be
>worth quoting here.

>Quoting page 106, "This is probably the rarest of all the mass
>produced Triumphs.  They made a bunch of these cars and they all
[snip]
>database should  attest to that. But I do  realize that this is just
>my opinion.  By the way,  this book was published first in 1994.

>I would be interested in hearing other listers comments on what Mr.
>Newton has to say.

Total and utter bollocks!!!!!  I think people shouldn't write books on a topic
they appear to know sod all about!!!

That'd be like me writing a book on 'how to be a responsible adult'!!! :-)

Rich

ps, I heard this morning we're all gonna die in 30 years coz of some dumb
asteriod!!!!  Yeah, well s'pose I'd best hurry up and finish restoring my
Austin or I'll never get to drive it!!!