Re: Smelly TR6

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Smelly TR6
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 16:24:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> Hello all:
> I have a problem with my 1971 TR6.  It puts out some real smelly exhaust
> fumes.

  My friend's first TR6 (RIP, thanks to a Festiva) had a problem
like this.

  The engine/gearbox were both leaking slowly, and the oil was landing
on top of the exhaust system. Once the exhaust got warm, there was
a constant smell of hot dirty oil that got into your clothes and
hair. I refused to ride in it after a while, but just when we were
making plans to fix it his girlfriend wrote off the car.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada