Re: Wedge

To: Phil Smith <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Wedge
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 12:50:49 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil Smith wrote:

>  Since my TR6 has spent an eternity in the paint body shop, my attentions
> have strayed to the TR8.I'm currently in the process of investigating the
> wedge.
> questions.
> 1. Is this a wise choice
> 2. Parts availability
> 3. Is it wise to buy TR7 and convert to 8
>
>  Phil Smith
>    69 TR6
>    " More Dreams Than Money "
Phil, I own both, so will impart my 2 cents worth.
The TR8 is a great car to drive. More room and sophistication than the
TR6, but its more akin to driving a Mustang (I owned 5 of them).The TR6
feels more nimble and lighter than the 8 even though the numbers tell it
differently.You can get some good buys on TR8s, I see the same ones for
sale month after month in the TR8 newsletter. It makes no sense to do
the conversion when the 8 is cheap to begin with.You also have to
upgrade suspension etc as well as changing the engine.
Parts are not as readily available as the TR6 but a lot of Rover and GM
parts can be made to fit.
Stu
74TR6 80 TR8