Re: brake fluid

To: "Sam Gentry" <hsgentry@cfw.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:18:22 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
What type of brake fluid were you using?  Was it silicone?  Because regular
LMA brake fluid should be no problem to clean up.  Try using denatured
isopropyl alchohol and let it dry.  This should remove any traces of oil or
wax from the surface.  Make sure you use self etching primer to start with.
Let it dry completely (overnight), sand smooth, use a tack rag to remove all
the dust.  Then you should be ready to top coat.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston, Texas