Re: Spitfire Tranny questions

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tranny questions
From: ABunch726 <ABunch726@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:25:09 EST
I guess  I should have mentioned that the shift knob ( and radio) were stolen
while the car sat on a "Park and Sell" lot.  So it is the lever spinning and
not the knob.

Aaron

<<
 Of the two I would be more worried about the reverse.  If it's just the
 knob spinning you are fine.  if the shaft spins too (unlikely!) then you
 have a problem.  Try to turn the shift knob by the metal shaft; if you
 can, worry.

 The knob has probably cone unglued.  Does it come off if you lift it?
 (lightly >>