YR4A Restoration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: YR4A Restoration
From: Ct54531 <Ct54531@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 14:04:16 EST
Testing the limits of technology with a "real time" question.

I am - as we speak - disconnecting everything preparatory to removing the body
from the 65 TR4A project. I've got just about everything apart in terms of
connections into the engine compartment but I am puzzled as I reach the point
of trying to disconnect the tach cable from the base of the disributor. I have
unscrewed the threaded cap but wonder what else is needed. I don't want to
force anything. I've unscrewed the screw in the side of the distributor base
where the cable goes in but it doesn't appreciably loosen the copper/brass(?)
fitting that goes into the base. Is this simply pressed in and must be worked
out? That's my question.
Now, I'm going back into the garage and will work on other things and then
come back and check the list.
As always, TIA.
                                                                     JMac