Re: '79 Spitfire brake master cylinder

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: '79 Spitfire brake master cylinder
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 23:35:16 -0600charset="us-ascii"
Best bet is to either see if it can be sleeved, or convert the entire system
over to a modern racing system (parts will be cheaper in the long run).
I've got a '69 GT6 that we honed and used a rebuild kit on, but that is an
extremely temporary fix (just to get it from the PO's house to mine.  I too
suffered the same sticker shock, 'cuz that unit is a rebuilt one at that
price.  A true NOS master will cost you about $350 from SPITBITS, if they
still have one, for about that much, you can convert to a three reservoir
hydraulic system that will replace both the brake and clutch masters, get a
new pedal set for both, and even install a user adjustable brake
proportioning valve.  Give PEGASUS a call, they're listed in the latest
edition of BRITISH CAR, I can't remember the name of the company off the top
of my head (the one that makes the brake parts) but that is the route I'll
take, since the rebuilds will be cheaper, and the master cylinders run about
$75 each

Dave Korzun
'69 GT6 (formerly off the road for the last 6 years - exported from
California)