Classic Car Insurance

To: Perry <chammock@iquest.net>
Subject: Classic Car Insurance
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 21:09:22 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Perry,

        I've been with American Collectors for two years, no claims. I have
$100K liability/uninsured motorist and $11,500 agreed value coverage, and I
pay $113 a year. The policy is fairly restrictive, 2500 miles per year and
no coverage when left unattended in public other than at car shows/club
events/mechanic's/etc. It suits me, but make sure you can live with the
fine print.

        There was a thread about 6 months ago on "agreed value" versus
"stated value", make sure you're comparing like to like as you shop.
"Stated value" coverage is meaningless, and when I called American
Collectors to verify that I had the right coverage, they sent a nice memo
confirming that the "agreed" value on my policy's declarations page is what
they'd pay me for a "total" loss. Their non-claims service seems efficient
enough.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L