Re: tonneau cover / sun roof

To: A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tonneau cover / sun roof
From: PKal <PKal@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 20:55:59 EST
In a message dated 98-03-01 21:44:07 EST, A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au writes:
Allen,
I've successfully repaired convertible tops using a sewing awl.  I have used
both dacron thread and waxed thread that I obtained at a local boat shop.
Using these tools I have not only been able to repair seams but have also
replaced windows (cut out the old windows and used them for cutting new
windows from clear vinyl replacement material).

Paul
<< Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I fancy some of this expertise could
 apply to the TR7 vinyl sun roof.

 The stitching of mine is coming out in several places. One of the steel
 cross-members keeps popping out of the undone sleeve on one side of the roof
 (said cross-member seems to be twisted, as well). I'm afraid to take it
 apart unless I have the materials and a game plan in advance.

 Should I attempt this repair? (and what kind of thread & needle would I
 use?) Or is this a professional job? >>