Re: 2000 is all better now

To: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Subject: Re: 2000 is all better now
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:56:11 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

At 12:17 3/03/98 -0000, you wrote:

>... After much carb fiddling it turned out to be the coil,
>all this goes to show that coincidence can play a big part
>and refusal to believe in it can focus us down the wrong road,
>I was just about to buy new carbs!!!!!

I swear this kind of thing never happens to other kinds of cars (except
maybe Italian sports cars). I recall several episodes where I uncovered a
sequence of faults, each one of which could have been the cause of the
problem, but wasn't. After saying, "This _must_ be it" and being wrong for
the 4th or 5th time, I was looking over my shoulder for Rod Serling.

Logic is the systematic process of arriving at the wrong conclusion, with
confidence.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia