Re: VINCO Transmissions

To: smith007@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: VINCO Transmissions
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:13:47 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Phil,

In 1986, maybe 1987, I dealt with VINCO once when they were still located
at Peachtree Dekalb Airport.....and it wasn't pretty.

I DO NOT know if it is the same owner or not.  I was helping a fellow GTA
member with a box for his 3.  He had taken the box to Vinco to be rebuilt
and decided after getting the estimate to not have Vinco rebuild it, and
wanted to get it back.  He spent 3 weeks trying to get it back.  He
worked less than 4 miles away from Vinco, would call, the owner would
answer, he'd leave immediately and by the time he got there, the place
was locked up tighter than a bank vault.  After several attempts like
this, he finally surprised the owner ( I was there )  He asked for his
box back and the owner proceeded to pull parts out of big
bins..."lessee...you need this and this and this..."

I honestly do not recall if he charged my buddy for the inspection or
not, but it was a bad feeling all the way around.

FWIW

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, owned since 1980
'71 Stag '73 Stag
75 TR7 Victory Edition

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:47:22 -0500 smith007@mindspring.com (Phil Smith)
writes:

>Has anyone had any dealings with a company named Vinco, specializing
>in
>tranny's. Found them in Hemmings, the company is in Andrews Island,
>near
>Jacksonville Fl.Thanks
>

>il Smith
>69 TR6
>" More Dreams Than Money "

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]