Re: Have I sinned?

To: "Jeff Arrowsmith" <jarrow@dlcwest.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Have I sinned?
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:49:37 -0800
Don't let anyone bother you about your Miata.  I had one for years and it
was a great commuter.  I put in a timing belt at 60k and did oil changes
and that was it.  The tires were replaced because my wife wiped out a curb,
but at 75k still had tread.  It was a nice, unfortunately boring, but nice
car.  My TR7 of the same time would run circles around it, and even with a
bunch of mods cost about 1/5th of the Miata, but I was constantly
tinkering.

The question is will you stay with the British car come summer.  I know it
is nice to have a beater for the winter in some areas, but do not let the
LBC go.  Remember the Japanese make great parts getters.

John

----------
> From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Have I sinned?
> Date: Wednesday, December 03, 1997 8:34 PM
>
> >I stopped today to look at a pickup for winter driving in New England.
There
> >in the back of the lot was a 90 Miata. You guessed it ! I drove it.
> >That 16 valve engine hummed! The comfort level was something one could
get
> >used to. I have more tolerance for that other car. Will I be damned from
LBC