Wire Wheel parts/Performance parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire Wheel parts/Performance parts
From: Jim Faulkner <jrf@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:59:56 -0700
1) I am interested in building a set of "custom" wire wheels, and am
looking for an economical source for parts.((stainless spokes, etc (I've
successfully fixed/trued these things before, so I'm WELL aware of what a
pain-in-the-a** it is. TIA for all the warnings!)).

I know Moss, etc, sell this stuff, but they want around $3.00 ea for the
spokes. This equals over $200/wheel and makes my little project not
feasible. I'm hoping someone out there knows of a distributor, maybe even
the folks who sell to Moss.

2) I'm also interested in other sources besides Moss, et.al, who sell good
quality, fairly priced performance parts for TR's (My 6, my brother's 4A).

3) Rimmer Bros were represented at Triumphest, but their display had been
held up in our customs, so they were without any catalogs or merchandise.
They did put me on their mailing list, and yesterday I received a customer
card w/customer number, and the promise of catalogs to follow. Have any of
you in the US ordered from them, and is it a real hassle to deal with the
shipping, customs, etc.?

TIA

Jim Faulkner
Los Alamos, NM