Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:27:43 -0500 "Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)" (Oct 29, 1:19pm)
> Subject: Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)
> In a message dated 29/10/97  14:54:42, you write:
>
> << Subj:       Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)
>  Date:        29/10/97  14:54:42
>  From:        hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk (Johnny Storm:- International Racing car
driver)
>  To:  GuyotLeonF@aol.com
>  CC:  curry@wolfenet.com (joecurry), amace@unix2.nysed.gov,
> smith007@ix.netcom.com (philsmith), triumphs@autox.team.net
>

>  Leon writes:
>
>  > Do you remember the Aston Martin DB Convertible pushed of the cliff by the
>  > 'Mafia' at the very beginning of the Film 'The Italian Job' ? Well,it was
>  >
>  > The 'Mafia' who did that dastardly deed also used a digger's scoop (I
> think)
>  > to flatten the windscreen of a Signal-Red early model E-type roadster (4.2
>  > think), down onto
>  > the cabin area,level with the bonnet. (Arghhh)
>
>  Have you seen the between filming stills of Michael Caine 'helping' the
>  mafia damage the car with a sledgehammer- 'Not a lot of people have seen
>  that' to paraphase the great man, who hasn't ever said it anyway!!!
>
> No,but it's no great surprise,after all he is a tax exile,happy to earn a
> pretty good living from this country,but when it comes to stumping up for
> income tax that's a different matter.
>
>   I last saw goldfinger ooh quite recently, got all the Vids you see- not
>  a patch on the books mind......
>
> I've no doubt!
> Leon
>
> Johnny
>
>   >>
>-- End of excerpt from GuyotLeonF@aol.com

Hey guys and gals,

Keep in mind that when the movie was made, E-types were fairly common,
(and still in production in one form or another) as well as the Minis
and the others. Now if they were to destroy the E-type today, that
would be a different kettle of fish. It is the same with that white
Jag that goes over the cliff in many different films, at the time
that scene was filmed, that sedan was as common as the Escort is
today. I won't disagree that a lot of cars were destroyed in TIJ,
but it was made in 1969.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com